Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Hallow's Eve

From pumpkin patch
Since I am about to get out and about running errands I would rather put off forever and may not have time to write later, I will leave you with a wonderful site full of Halloween Cupcake Ideas! They seem easy and you should still have time to make a few for Halloween. I think I am going to do the spider cupcakes.
If you need a hint to make black frosting, you can either make your own, or buy store bought white and use a black food dye. If you use black food coloring, which is hard to find (you can try making your own by mixing all the colors together), then drop until you get the black you want. If you buy a little container of Wilton black dye (around two bucks at Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc... found in the cake decorating section, at Wal-Mart near party decorations), then a little goes a long way. Use a toothpick to dip into the dye, add to the frosting, mix until gray, then stop. Do not get frosting into the dye. The color will darken over time and should be black by tomorrow. You will have a container of dye to last a long while, unless you bake like a mad woman, and decorate like a madder woman, and I am not necessarily describing myself.
Have fun and be nice to the little ghosts and goblins that come to your door. Remember you were once a little wee wun. Some of us, still are.

No comments: