Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Post #185: TWD Soft Chocolate Raspberry Tart

From twdtart

I am out of town and unable to work any kind of digital magic using my sissy's archaic PC. This is as good as it gets.

I actually made this lovely recipe twice! Yes, twice, in a matter of days! The first time I forgot to adjust the recipe for my 11-inch tart pan. The filling was thin, the crust overdone. However, it tasted really good. We liked it better cold, straight from the fridge. Call us crazy. I heard that.

The second time was yesterday. I used my friend, Dragana's, William Sonoma 9-inch really deep and very shiny new tart pan. I had to buy it for her after my hubby accidentally threw away her tart bottom (haha, that reads funny) from her old pan that she had brought over with goodies.

Luckily for me, she gave me another chance. The picture above represents try #2 made in her pan. Tart #2 was given as a gift to my good neighbors who are sure to get more treats as I exit pregnancy and reenter the world of skinny jeans!

For both tarts, I used the leftover hazelnuts from last week's thumbprint cookies. I love being able to be resourceful like that. For tart #1, I used only raspberries. For tart #2, I used a blend of raspberries and blackberries. Thanks to my hubby for letting me splurge on the berries. He is a good man, even if he throws away perfectly good tart bottoms (haha, still funny). I really liked this recipe. It was easy to put together and shortbread crusts with chcolate ganache filling is always a good thing! Great dessert for entertaining.

As you can see, I still need HELP with pie and tart crusts. It is my achilles heel in baking. However, in two weeks, I am going to take the Wi-So pie and tart class. Hopefully, I will learn something to help me out. If not, I am sure they will convince me that I need very pricey materials to help me in my pie perfection quest. And it just so happens that they sell such things...

Please visit the TWD (www.tuesdayswithdorie.com) site to see the great tarts everyone made!

14 comments:

CB said...

LMAO @ tart bottom. I'm easily amused. This must be a genetic defect with husbands. My Hubs did the same thing! So now I have 2 perfectly good tart rims with no bottoms. I don't wanna throw them away b/c I feel like I can use it for something. HA HA!
-CB
http://iheartfood4thought.com

Leslie said...

Ha ha! I can see making this twice, it was really easy. Your tart looks great! Mine didn't last long enough to refrigerate it, but I'll give that a try if I make it again.

Jennifer said...

Your tart looks amazing! I bet your neighbors were most appreciative!!!!!

Unknown said...

Geez, I meant blackberries! Yikes, I am so out of it!

Susan said...

Hahaha! Tart bottom. My hubby wishes I had a tart bottom. Oops, sorry, got carried away. Love your tart! I just got a rectangle tart pan and am thinking of making this one again. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful especially the tart with combo of raspberries and blackberries!

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom said...

I'm lovin your blog design here :) This recipe looks delicious & I'm sure the one that turned out a little thin was good too. Thanks for the laughs :)

Dragana said...

My tart bottom grew on vacation in Florida! I'm back home now so I'll be able to help you with the crust next time you make one.

Justine said...

mm that looks delicious!! love the fresh raspberries, too.

Anne said...

The tart bottom is cracking me up. Your tart looks awesome, really!

Teanna DiMicco said...

I think your tart looks amazing! And I agree, I liked this one cold from the fridge, too!

Debbie said...

Crusts are my weakness as well. If you figure it out, please pass along the secret to me!

Julie said...

Looks good enough to make several times to me!

Unknown said...

Wow. This is SO pretty. It looks positively scrumptious. Yum! I hope you love your class!