Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Extreme Chocolate Pie


I have been known to go to extremes. My hubby has seen me go from happy to scary in .25 seconds flat. More than once.

I have jumped out of airplanes, run 6 miles in a thunderstorm, gone cage diving to see Great Whites, and eloped with a man I only knew for 7 weeks (it's working out swell!). Those are just a few examples that come to mind.

I am also known to have an extreme passion for chocolate. I love the stuff. I can smell it from miles away. Chocolate and I have an affinity for one another. It's a crazy addiction of mine. Like most addicts, almost any chocolate will do for a fix. I am not a chocolate snob. Fancy or foil-wrapped, I'll pop it into my mouth. It is the easiest way to distract me, bribe me, or ease my trouble soul. Add a glass of red wine, and it's all good. The world is a beautiful place and everyone in it is perfect.

So, when I saw this BH&G recipe come across my desk, I just knew I was going to try it in this month designated for lovers...of chocolate.


It is as simple as baking brownie mix into a pie pan.





Allow the brownie crust to completely cool. Adjust for thinner crust or thicker crust as desired.





Add prepared filling made with sugar, butter, melted chocolate, vanilla, and egg product on top of pie crust.
My filling came out lumpy. The power kept going off (rolling black outs), so my chocolate cooled while waiting to be mixed.


 Wrap pie and place in refrigerator to cool for at least 4 hours.




Once it has set, spread whipped topping over it and sprinkle chocolate shavings or chunks. I dusted mine with cocoa and grated milk chocolate. 

It is really moist and rich. If you like an extreme chocolate concoction, than this is a dessert for you. It goes well with coffee or...red wine. 

Go ahead and make this. You will hear Louis Armstrong begin to sing, "What a wonderful world..." 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that song : )
and I am 100% sure I would LOVE that pie!