Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Day in The Life

So this morning I made my awesome hubby breakfast. Now, that used to be a normal thing. I mean sometimes while I was pregnant, I slept through breakfast and he saw the kids off to school. Shortly after the baby was born, I was able to round up something for him. Then, the baby kicked into another gear, and once again, we find ourselves very sleep deprived! Therefore, my hubby often gets no breakfast. Well, today I was determined to make him breakfast. Yesterday, I went to Wal-Mart and bought some ramekins for $.85 a piece. I remembered a recipe I saw just that morning and decided to try it out today. Here is the recipe
Of course, I had to leave out the tomato for my hubby as he is not very fond of vegetables. I also used lean sliced deli ham (from the deli meats aisle). This was a simple, but very nice looking dish. It is very easy to make and with prep time and baking took less than 20 minutes. Next time I make it, I will use tomatoes and possibly some asparagus or capers. Of course, I will have to make it minus all of that for my man. I will also use toasted crusty French bread as a side, instead of regular toast. Presentation is key.
So if you will allow me, I would love to boast about my man. I am truly blessed to have the man I am married to. It amazes me how true everything was about waiting for Mr. Right. Mr. Right never leaves you in a mental state that resembles chaos when regarding his love. He lets you know it. Gabe lets me know it every day. From letting me nap, while he runs errands for us to washing the dishes so I do not have to worry about them. He treats me like his angel. Often I think we go about our days not truly recognizing how truly lucky we are to have our husbands and wives. I mean I know I have my best friend beside me, someone who is very encouraging and supportive. I wake up and he is right there to see the day through with me and our lives. Gabe always puts me first. The hardest thing for any person to do is to fight the instinctive "ME"-mode, but he makes it look easy when it comes to his family, all of us. I just wanted to take time from my normal ramblings of thriftiness, cooking, and baking, and shout out how wonderful and beautiful love is especially the kind that my husband gives me, which is all you ladies out there, really how it should be and is if you are patient enough to wait for the right one.
I love my husband, every day more it seems. I appreciate him and all he does for me, with me, and because of me.
Yesterday, Gabe bought me a treadmill. Now, I was almost in tears, not because he bought me a treadmill, but because he bought it for me knowing how important it was to me to be able to run again and how difficult it has been to do since the baby. He is always thinking of me, when he could have gone out and bought him a new GPS to replace the one that was just stolen out of our Explorer.
That is just Gabe, my man, my loving, wonderful, amazing husband.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks baby! I love you. Let's go buy a new laptop now. :-)