Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Let Them Eat Cheesecake!

This is my favorite day and time. Wednesday are usually my free days. I try to make no commitments on this day and leave it open for just whatever. Usually, I catch up on reading blogs and foodie sites, or any type of reading. The mornings are the best. I still have the whole day in front of me to catch up with any forgotten chores I was supposed to do or should have done, but there is nothing as tempting to keep you from doing all that like a good hot cup of coffee and a screen that allows you to enter the lives of many people around the world, especially those who share your passion. It is almost like Alice walking through the looking glass.

Today during my online reading adventures, I found a very neat tool provided by Kraft Foods. It is an online customized cheesecake creator.



It is an easy way to throw a quick Cheesecake recipe together. I used the Linzer Sable in my recipe creation. Since you can not add this cookie specifically under the "crust" selection, I chose Gingerbread snaps, since they seem closer to the Linzer cookie than the other options. I will cross this out in the recipe from Ginger snaps to Linzer cookie. I think this with a Pumpkin flavored filling and more Linzer cookies crumbled as topping will be fabulous! I may also top with a cream cheese frosting glaze.

I call my creation (drum roll, please), Carolina's Holiday Cheesecake.

Sorry, I am not great with creative recipe names, but you get my drift.
I think I am also going to try a mint chocolate recipe for a cheese cake. I would love to hear from you if you have one!

Okay, when I bake them, of course, I will post them! Happy recipe hunting and sharing.

No comments: