Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Little About Me

From Honest Scrap

Recently,  two of my favorite bloggers doubly honored me with the above award. I apologize to both of them for now getting to it, but I was touched by it more than they know.   Thanks so much to Melissa of Schweet 'N Savory and her bro, Bradley, of Terrible, Tolerable, and Tasty.

I am really impressed with these two bloggers because at their young ages, they are creative, bright, and very positive role models with great food blogs!

Okay, first here are the conditions of the award:


The rules of the award:
  • Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
  • Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
  • List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
Okay, first I really want give this award to all of my fellow foodie bloggers  out there! It is amazing that we take our passion and interest in cooking and baking and find time to share it with the world in our very little spare time! It's fun, rewarding, and enriching, and somehow we all find ourselves bumping into each other, and feeling somewhat connected in this ever looming cyberspace.

Now for the 10 honest things about myself (drum roll please):

  1. While many people see my bubbly side 24/7, my hubby and kiddos see the "hulk-like" creature come out in me during high stress or tiring times. 
  2. I am very anal about completing my "To-Do" List.
  3. I have trouble saying no to volunteering or invitations to gatherings of some jovial sort.
  4. I am not the most pleasant person to be around when I am cooking or baking in the kitchen. I would rather be left alone to create my masterpieces. Unless of course, you have a nice glass of wine you are offering me, or a beer, or a drink, then we are cool. 
  5. It takes me forever to write, edit, and post my blogs!!! 
  6. I run so that I can eat not-so-healthy foods!
  7. I am incredibly cheesily in love with my hubby and am known to conduct in PDA's all the time with him. 
  8. Sometimes, I do miss working in corporate America.
  9. I miss my grandpa everyday. 
  10. I never thought I would be so happy being an almost typical family in da 'burbs.
*Bonus, Sometimes, I pretend I am the female version of Take Home Chef, Curtis Stone, without the Aussie accent, while I am cooking in mi cocina.

Once again, thanks Melissa and Bradley for my award and this chance to share a little more of myself!

4 comments:

Daphine said...

Congrats on your award!

I enjoyed reading you honest list. I can totally relate with several of them.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I always enjoy meeting new friends!

Have a great night!

Unknown said...

That was fun! I can say a lot of those about my self. :) Whenever I am in the Kitchen I don't notice anyone who is talking to me anything else that is going on, which is probably why I caught my mom's favorite wooden cutting board on fire two weeks ago. :)

Jennifer said...

Congrats, you deserve it! I love reading facts about my fellow bloggers!

Unknown said...

This was so adorable : ). Can I just say ME TOO about being mean to the ones I love the most. When I am stressed, WATCH OUT! Really, watch out. I feel bad later, after I have had my crash from the mean ness : ) but still, I don't know why I am like that to the ones I love the most.

I wish you lived near me so I could run with you. Or walk. I am not a runner : ) but I think if I could get to know you better and hang out with you, I would really try!