Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Nifty Being Thrifty Strikes Again!

Since my husband has been gone, I have been only on one gear,”Go”. That has been the only gear. With the kids registrations,never ending errands, and kids’ here and there’s, I have not had any time to myself. No life of leisure in sight. When Gabe goes back to work, my vacation ends. I have no one to talk me into sleeping late or deferring items on my always insane and infamous To-Do-List. So here I am, very sleep deprived and still needing to do 101 more things before I can catch a little shut eye before Ms. Diva wakes me up to attend to her needs. Yes, I will attempt to go grocery shopping-again!-at Wally World-again!-by myself for the first time. Wish me luck!
A quick note before I go. I finally got to do some bargain shopping yesterday. I went to Hobby Lobby (my equivalent to Gabe’s Best Buy) and went only to buy Wilton Products which were on sale with my 40% off coupon. I walked to a section I never knew about until Weezer (a.k.a my M-I-L) introduced me to it several months ago, the 66% off section. Well, yesterday it was all 80% off. I picked up a few items (and could have bought more if I had had a cart and did not run out of time). The decorative items alone would have originally cost over $50, if I had bought them before the sale. The Wilton products would have cost about $25 as well. But, I walked away with everything for only $25! What a victory. I walked out of the store beaming as I talked to Gabby about my victory. I know she understood and appreciated my glory. I have included a picture of my buys in the slide show.
Hope you all enjoy the pictures, especially my hubby.

No comments: