Today was Tennis Day. My good friend and fellow foodie, Dragana, invited me to join the neighborhood women's tennis team. I do not think she knew what she got herself or the team into. Not so luckily for her, my tennis skills are rustier than an abandoned tin can. Luckily for me, it is a good change of pace in my world and she is a good sport about the whole thing. We have fun. Since we hosted today's meet, our team was responsible for bringing the GOODS. I decided to bring a little comfort food that is easy to make and always appreciated. Many of you will know this trick and be reminded to use it again for this weather and easy entertaining. Others of you may not know it and will love it and use it from here on out.
Pigs in the Blanket
- One can of Crescent Rolls (any brand)
- One package of Cocktail Weiners (Lil'Smokies, Oscar Meyer Mini Hot Dogs, etc...)
Now that you have you ingredients:
- Preheat Oven to temperature requested on crescent roll can
- Roll out the dough into little individual triangles
- Place weiner along edge of thicker part and roll (may also place in middle and fold thick part over, then small over on top)
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 11-12 minutes (or as designated on can)
- Allow to cool slightly and serve
- Use Jalapeno Cheese flavored weiners
- Brush the inside of crescent with honey, add regular weiner, roll, bake, then brush outside with honey butter before serving
- Sprinkle inside with garlic salt, add weiner, roll, bake, then brush outside with garlic butter before serving
- slit regular weiner add a little hint of hot dog chili, close dog back up, roll, bake, then serve sprinkle with onion salt
Today, I took this dish to a bunch of foodies and they still enjoyed it! Less can be more.
As always, enjoy!