Friday, November 14, 2008

Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice

If you did not know it by now, one I am a carb junky and two I am a food blog addict! I found this great website hosted by Chef John through other food sources, and I wanted to share this recipe with you (check out embedded video). First, you will love it because it is a video blog (yay!). Second, you will love it because it is super easy and just in time for BAKING weather!

So, do not think of the overall time, but focus instead on the goal, which is great smelling, easy baking, no knead bread, and it is Pumpkin!!! I hear the applause. Yes, you wonderful, beautiful people, bake until you drop! I will try this soon and as usual post it. I will also share the "leftover"tip Chef John gives on the recent blog; use the leftover bread to make French Toast. Heaven.



On another different, but same, note, my friend and her fam are coming in for the weekend. She does not know yet, but we will be catching up on our girl talk while we bake and cook for tomorrow's dinner party! It is Mexican-themed, of course.

The menu:
  1. Mini Empanadas for Apps accompanied by chips, salsa, and homemade guacamole
  2. Enchilada Casserole as the main course with Mexican rice and Slow-cooked pinto beans for the sides
  3. Chocolate Tres Leches for dessert
  4. Homemade Sangria to wash it all down with
I will let you know how it goes. Happy eating!

No comments: