Monday, November 10, 2008

Thanksgiving Turkey Cake

Well, it is a rainy day in Houston. It is overcast and drizzling outside. For me, it is the perfect weather to drink a good cup of coffee, surf the net for recipes, and catch up on my food blogs! Who am I kidding, any weather is the perfect weather for that. I found this neat cake decorating design for the holidays. I may just use it on my pumpkin cheesecake, but use a cream cheese flavored decorating frosting with a little confectioner's sugar to decorate. I feel like experimenting.

Well right now, I am allowing my dough to rise for my Tuesdays With Dorie challenge. We are baking Kugelhopf. It is my first time working with any kind of dough, I am ashamed to admit. I tried making tortillas once, but that is about all! If I tackle this, I may, to my hubby's delight, try making my own tortillas.

Enjoy the video. If you subscribe to the Cakes Made Easy newsletter, you will get all kinds of neat tricks e-mailed to you with no strings attached. Very nice of them.

No comments: