What can I say? It was a day full of family, fun, and football. I love all of those things and cooking. Thanksgiving remains my favorite day of the year. The only thing I would have changed was my hubby not being here. I hated that he missed out on all the goodies!
Well, the Twofer pie turned out great, as did all the new recipes we tried. The new recipes were:
- Cranberry Chutney (which I poured over Cream Cheese and served as an appetizer), recipe found on internet somewhere
- Twofer and Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake, courtesy of Dorie Greenspan and Cooks.com, respectively
- Pecan Praline Topping (used for snacking and topping), epicurious
- Cranberry Sauce (http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2008/11/its-fresh-cranberry-sauce-time-its.html)-Chef John You Rock!!!
- Green Bean Casserole (Everyday with Rachael Ray, Nov 2008, page 114)
- Golden Potato Mash (same as above)
- Turkey Cake (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ_DPF6UDcI)
My favorite new recipe was the Cranberry Sauce recipe from Chef John of Foodwishes. I will NEVER buy it out of a can again! It was so easy to make. The kids loved hearing the cranberries popping and the taste was really rich and tart, almost like cherries. My second favorite was the Green Bean Casserole. My least favorite was the Golden Potato Mash. That recipe needs some work, way too bland. I think the new additions to our traditional spread will be, both pumpkin pie recipes, green bean casserole recipe, the cranberry chutney and sauce, and the Turkey design (either on cake or other dessert). Oh yeah, the pralines, too. They were really easy to make and may be added to the Golden Potato Mash in some way.
Oh, yeah, the Cowboys won! What a day. Hope you all had a great day of feasting like we did!
GABE IS ALMOST HOME, YAY!