Monday, December 1, 2008

Stripes and Polka Dots

 

I was only meant to help with this cake, but in the end, my daughter and I took it over. My sweet friend, Amy, wanted me to show her some simple decorating tips and help her make a birthday cake for her friend. This cake was too fun to not get totally absorbed in, that and I am a control freak. Anyway, we had fun with it. It is nice to see my work improve month to month. My daughter is a great help. It is something fun (although we have our moments sometimes) to do together (when it is coming out right). The good thing about cake decorating is that you can learn at your own pace and fix almost all mistakes, except a burnt cake!

Savannah helped mix the icings and placed the bows on the cake. Amy decorated the cake board and supplied all the materials. I was responsible for the rest. Not too shabby for a spur of the moment cake. I was expecting some pictures of the cake's final look with candles and all. That is the reason why I held off on this particular blog for so long (the cake was done like 2 weeks ago). I was especially eager to get shots of the interior, since it was a four layer cake with alternating chocolate, white, and red icing layers, but some of us in this world are not as fanatical about taking pictures as us bloggers! So, there are none of those pictures for me to share with you.
Oh, well. Have a great wonderful uneventful Monday!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: